Thursday, April 29, 2010

Providing the scaffolding to support all learners





I am incredibly lucky as Learning Support teacher to have the opportunity to pop in and out of all classrooms on a regular basis. I am always delighted when I catch a glimpse of the children that I work with fully engaged in a task alongside their peers and coping admirably because they have been given the "scaffolding" to succeed.


I came across an example of this today which can be found on room 7's blog:-


 http://mrdobsons.blogspot.com/2010/04/pirates.html


The lesson involved a group activity where all children worked together to produce an end resource to use during future writing work. The process allowed all children to share their ideas verbally and work as a team to make decisions on what ideas should be used. They were inspired and motivated by bright visual resources and hands-on methods of recording ideas. Fantastic work Room 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment